Children's Sleep Center
The Children's Sleep Center is part of the Mount Sinai Comprehensive Sleep Center. It has provided sleep evaluations for children from birth through adolescence since 1992. It is a leading center in the tri-state area with expertise in evaluating and treating children with all types of sleep problems.
Our sleep laboratory utilizes state of the art equipment and is designed to handle children of all ages. The rooms are comfortable and child-friendly where parents may stay overnight while the child is monitored continuously. Technicians provide close, one-on-one attention to each child's physical and emotional needs.
Our multidisciplinary team includes pediatric pulmonologists, pediatric otolaryngologist, behavioral therapist, and nutritionist. Referral within the center is available for pediatric neurologists, psychologists, geneticists, and craniofacial surgeons.
Sleep Disorders Treated
- Excessive sleepiness
- Hypoventilation syndromes
- Night terrors, nightmares
- Obstructive sleep apnea
- Comprehensive sleep history and physical examination
- Polysomnogram (Overnight sleep study)
- CPAP titration
- Multiple sleep latency test (Nap studies to assess excessive daytime sleepiness)
- First Health
- Children's Sleep Center - Children Ages 0-12 Sleep Questionnaire [PDF]
- Children's Sleep Center - Appointment Information [PDF]
- Children's Sleep Center - Sleep Log [PDF]
- Children's Sleep Center - Sleep Study Request [PDF]
The Mount Sinai Health System ranks among the region's best for respiratory services in the U.S. News & World Report 2013-2014 "Best Hospitals" issue. Read more
The Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine FPA is open from 8 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. Monday through Friday.