- ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR Medicine, Hematology and Medical Oncology
- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR Urology
MD, Tufts University School of Medicine
Residency, Internal Medicine
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center- Harvard Medical School
Fellowship, Medical Oncology
Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Dr. Galsky specializes in the care of patients with genitourinary malignancies (bladder, prostate, kidney, and testicular cancers). His research focuses on the development of novel treatments for these cancers and he has published extensively in this area. He serves as Director of Genitourinary Medical Oncology at the Tisch Cancer Institute.
American Society of Clinical Oncology Merit Award
Medical Calss of 1928 Award (Tufts School of Medicine, Excellence in Anatomy)
Leon Levinson Prize (Tufts School of Medicine, Excellence in Physiology)
Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society
- ARMOR2: A 2 Part, Phase 2 Trial of Galeterone in the Treatment of Castration Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Phase IB study of dovitinib in combination with gemcitabine plus cisplatin or gemcitabine plus carboplatin in patients with advanced solid tumors
- Phase II Trial of Everolimus or Everolimus plus Paclitaxel as First-line Therapy in Cisplatin-ineligible Patients with Advanced Urothelial Carcinoma
- Multi-center Phase 2 Trial of Single-agent Amrubicin as second-line therapy in patients with Advanced/Metastatic Refractory Urothelial Carcinoma
- Phase II Trial of Gemcitabine, Cisplatin, plus Ipilimumab as First-line Treatment for Patients with Metastatic Urothelial Carcinoma
- A Pilot Study of Abiraterone Acetate in African American/Black Patients with Castration Resistant Prostate Cancer
Physicians and scientists on the faculty of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai often interact with pharmaceutical, device and biotechnology companies to improve patient care, develop new therapies and achieve scientific breakthroughs. In order to promote an ethical and transparent environment for conducting research, providing clinical care and teaching, Mount Sinai requires that salaried faculty inform the School of their relationships with such companies.
Below are financial relationships with industry reported by Dr. Galsky during 2012 and/or 2013. Please note that this information may differ from information posted on corporate sites due to timing or classification differences.
- BioMotiv, LLC; Celgene Corporation
Scientific Advisory Board:
- Bayer; Eli Lilly and Company
Equity (Stock or stock options valued at greater than 5% ownership of a publicly traded company or equity of any value in a privately held company)
- Dual Therapeutics
Mount Sinai's faculty policies relating to faculty collaboration with industry are posted on our website at http://icahn.mssm.edu/about-us/services-and-resources/faculty-resources/handbooks-and-policies/faculty-handbook. Patients may wish to ask their physician about the activities they perform for companies.
One Gustave Levy Place
New York, NY 10029
1470 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10029