- PROFESSOR Medicine, Hematology and Medical Oncology
American Board of Internal Medicine
Residency, Internal Medicine
Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Center
Residency, Internal Medicine
Fellowship, Medical Oncology
MD Anderson Cancer Center (Univ of Texas)
Sundar Jagannath, MD, is Director of the Multiple Myeloma Program and Professor of Medicine (Hematology and Medical Oncology) at The Tisch Cancer Institute. Dr. Jagannath is a renowned expert in the research and treatment of multiple myeloma — a relatively rare cancer of the bone marrow.
Prior to joining Mount Sinai, Dr. Jagannath served as chief of the multiple myeloma and transplant program at St. Vincent’s Hospital Comprehensive Cancer Center from 1998 until the hospital closed
in April 2010. The transplant program, with stored stem cells of more than 300 patients, and the myeloma program with ongoing clinical trials, have been integrated into The Tisch Cancer Institute.
Mount Sinai’s Multiple Myeloma Program provides clinical care to a large patient population, including the transfer of more than 800 patients who had been receiving care at St. Vincent’s.
Dr. Jagannath has published more than 180 peer-reviewed articles in top publications, including the New England Journal of Medicine, Blood, the Journal of Clinical Oncology and Cancer. He has presented more than 150 abstracts and authored nearly 30 book chapters.
- Phase 1b/2, Multicenter, Open-label Study of the Safety and Activity of ONYX 0912 in Patients with Hematological Malignancies
- A Phase I/II, Open-label, Multicenter Study of ACY-1215 administered Orally As Monotherapy and in Combination with Bortezomib and Dexamethasone for the Treatment of Relapsed or Relapsed/Refractory Multiple Myeloma
- A Randomized Phase III Study Comparing Conventional Dose Treatment Using a Combination of Lenalidomide, Bortezomib and Dexamethasone (RVD) to High-Dose Treatment with Peripheral Stem Cell Transplant in the Initial Management of Myeloma in Patients up to 65 Years of Age
- A Multicenter Phase 2 Study of the Bruton's Tyrosine Kinase (Btk) Inhibitor, PCI-32765, in Subjects with Relapsed or Relapsed and Refractory Multiple Myeloma
- A Phase 1b/2 Multicenter, Open Label, Dose-Escalation Study to Determine the Maximum Tolerated Dose, Safety, and Efficacy of ACY-1215 (ricolinostat) in Combination with Pomalidomide and Low-dose Dexamethasone in Patients with Relapsed-and-Refractory Multiple Myeloma
- A Phase 3, Multicenter, Randomized, Open-label Study to Compare the Efficacy and Safety of Pomalidomide (POM), Bortezomib (BTZ) and Low-Dose Dexamethasone (LD-DEX) versus Bortezomib and Low-Dose Dexamethasone in Subjects with Relapsed or Refractory Multiple Myeloma (MM)
- A Phase I/IIa multi-dose escalation study of BT062 in combination with Lenalidomide and Dexamethasone in subjects with relapsed or relapsed/refractory Multiple Myeloma
Physicians and scientists on the faculty of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai often interact with pharmaceutical, device and biotechnology companies to improve patient care, develop new therapies and achieve scientific breakthroughs. In order to promote an ethical and transparent environment for conducting research, providing clinical care and teaching, Mount Sinai requires that salaried faculty inform the School of their relationships with such companies.
Below are financial relationships with industry reported by Dr. Jagannath during 2014 and/or 2015. Please note that this information may differ from information posted on corporate sites due to timing or classification differences.
Scientific Advisory Board:
- Bristol-Myers Squibb; Celgene Corporation; sanofi-aventis
Mount Sinai's faculty policies relating to faculty collaboration with industry are posted on our website. Patients may wish to ask their physician about the activities they perform for companies.
Physicians who provide services at hospitals and facilities in the Mount Sinai Health System might not participate in the same health plans as those Mount Sinai hospitals and facilities (even if the physicians are employed or contracted by those hospitals or facilities).
Information regarding insurance participation and billing by this physician may be found on this page, and can also be obtained by contacting this provider directly. Because physicians insurance participation can change, the insurance information on this page may not always be up-to-date. Please contact this physician directly to obtain the most up-to-date insurance information.
Insurance and health plan networks that the various Mount Sinai Health System hospitals and facilities participate in can be found on the Mount Sinai Health System website.
One Gustave L. Levy Place
New York, NY 10029
1470 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10029
- Access Meicare
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Health Republic
- Island Group
- Medicaid of New York
- MetroPlus Health Plan
- Oscar Insurance
- Oxford Health Plans
- United Healthcare
- VNS Medicare
- WellCare of New York, Inc.
- Master Card
- American Express
- Personal Check
- Credit Card (Other)